Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Where does the time go?

Newborn Gianna

6 Month Gianna

On a daily basis I don't necessarily ask myself this. I often find myself counting down to nap time or bedtime. Blah blah, I'm an awful mom, whatever, but I need my time too. But today is different. My little girl is 6 months old and although the days sometimes seem to go by slow, I can't believe how fast time has gone. It seems like yesterday that I was holding this little peanut that couldn't hold her wobbly head up and all she did was sleep. Now I have a baby who babbles, laughs, and has a huge personality! It seems surreal that in only 6 more months I will have a 1 year old. I just couldn't imagine ever loving something this much and I love knowing that I will love her more and more everyday.

Baby Stats:

Sleep Habits

 For 5.5 months I have been a walking zombie. I just didn't understand why you didn't like to sleep at night. This was awful because if you know me you know I love to sleep, but this month you got it! You have been sleeping like a champ. (Lets just hope I didn't just jinx it)
You get a bath every night, which you LOVE, around 6:30, then you eat a 7 ounce bottle, and bed time by 7:45 at the latest. You do, however, sleep no later than 7 AM every morning...even with the tinfoil on the window.

Schedule, Schedule, Schedule

I am a firm believer in having a schedule with you. I just don't think you thrived like you do now without one.

Here is how our day normally runs:
7AM: Wake up time- Daddy always gets up with you in the morning. You get a 7-8 ounce bottle
7:30 AM: Playtime and hang out with Daddy
8AM: Breakfast-usually a fruit w/oatmeal
9:00-11:00AM: Nap time
11:00AM: 6-7 ounce bottle
12:00 PM: Lunch time usually a fruit or veggie
1-1:30 to 3-4 PM (this changes every day): Long Afternoon Nap
5:30-6:00PM: Dinner Time-Veggie w/Rice Cereal
6:15-6:30 PM: Bath Time then read books
7:00-7:30 PM: 7-8 ounce bottle
7:30-7:45PM: Bed Time

In between these times we have play time, reading time, tummy time, etc.

Weight and Length

At your 6 month appointment you weighed 14 pounds 10 ounces and you were 26 inches long.

Hair Color and Eye Color

You are still rocking the reddish/blond fuzzy hair and blue eyes

I feel like I need to start planning a first birthday party soon. There is just so much that I could say about how wonderful you are and how much of a blessing you are in my life, but I truly feel there are no words.

Happy 1/2 birthday my love!
I'll love you always, forever, no matter what.



No comments: